This time around I decided to try something different from reading a story: Conducting an interview. And who better to start with than the guy I pay the monthly ‘Net bill to?
In all seriousness, Marcus Herstik is not only the man behind the company that hosts this very site, he’s a self-employed digital entrepreneur who’s been taking these touch economic times in stride. Not only that, he’s one of the most solid cats I’ve ever had the pleasure of knowing. In this interview, I ask him about how he got to where he is today and what advice he’d give to people who are still trying to figure out their personal definitions of success (like me).
Marcus, thank you once again for your time, your willingness to be the subject of my first recorded interview and – well, for being so damn cool in general!
(Note: This is both the final episode of Get Talking, Rob Farquhar! and the prototype episode of the Paid to Play Podcast.)
If You Want To Skip Ahead
- The Interview Begins: 02:00
- Education and Career Choices : 03:00
- Entrepreneurship and Authority: 09:00
- Time Management for Sole Operators: 14:40
- Skiing and Risk-Taking: 18:00
- The Two Keys to Keeping Yourself Going: 22:00
Questions for Listeners
- How did your education influence your choice of career?
- What do you think of being your own boss?
- Have you tried it?
- If so, how did it work / is it working out?
- How do you balance paying the bills and doing what you love?
- Have you combined the two?
- How do you make sure you keep learning?
- What did you start on so early that you didn’t realise others didn’t have it in their lives?
- Who do you want me to interview / chat with next?