“You know what you’ve gotta do this weekend right?” Vickie asks.
I start generating a list in my head:
- Whipper-snip the lawn edges.
- Mow the lawn.
- Take the huge pile of green waste to the tip.
- Call Karl about borrowing his ute.
- Put the new rego stickers on the car and the Foxy Lady.
- Cut up the downed bits of tree.
- Tidy the kitchen.
- Sweep and dust through.
- Digitise and letter some more comic strips (the queue is currently empty).
- Write some more of the ebook.
- Fix Ziggy’s collar.
- Fix some fence palings.
It’s the Easter Long weekend, so the lot of this is certainly do-able.
“What?” I say.
“Fix your Xbox 360,” she replies.